Friends I Met Along My Travels 2

On the topic of encounters, and friends I have met along the way, come another two tales that serve as a record for the variety of beings that a vampire may encounter during their long lifespan.

I remember another special being I had met serendipitously while living on the eastern side of the country at the time. One evening, while walking the streets, the scent of pizza permeated the air. It was s strong and tempting, being that I had been wandering for quite some time and felt quite hungry. It wasn't unusual for me to spent hours of the night just wandering hoping some random clue would appear before me, while searing for my brother. I decided to follow the scent and it led me to a back alleyway. When I rounded the corner, I could see a figure, but not just any figure. It wasn't quite human. I could tell by their outline, that they had wings, large wings. I was hesitant to approach at first, as obviously, they were not human and could pose a threat. But the smell and the curiosity overwhelmed me, and I decided to peek around the corner for a better look. I put my head back around the corner when I noticed they hadn't moved or noticed me. I couldn't tell if they were hostile or not, but I didn't feel any malice from their presence. After a few mites, I week again, but the figure was gone!

    "Why you spin' on me?" A voice suddenly asked.

I turned around quickly and before me was a being I had never seen before. He was well dressed, in a black suite and a red tie. But he had white and purple wings. They were beautiful and massive. He had heterochromia eyes, like mine, but his head was adorned with two horns.

"Uh...I smelled pizza and followed the smell here..." I answered. 

"Oh? You just wanted some pizza?" He replied.

I was a little perplexed. He seemed nicer than expected.

"Yea, I could go for some pizza right about now." I responded.

"Well, skill issue, you gotta' go in there and buy it. I don't got any free pizza." the being smirked. 

I just looked at him and sighed. 

"You don't look like you are human either. Are you here to cause trouble?" The being asked. 

"No. I was just taking a walk. I don't mean any trouble. I'll be on my way." I replied as I started to turn away.

"So... what are you ten? I'm a Nephilim. My name's La Dumar, but you can call me Dumar." Dumar spouted out before I could walk away. 

While I normally kept my identity to myself. Something told me, it was OK to be friendly with this stranger.

"I'm Misa...I'm a vampire." I replied. 

"Cool. Vampires are pretty cool. Well, when they are the nice kind." Dumar replied. 

I turned around and gave a slight smile. I rarely came across people I could speak to, and it was nice. We ended up speaking for a while and becoming friends. So, from time to time, I'd head down that alley, get some pizza, and sometimes run into Dumar in the late evening. Even after I had to leave, I would still find time to travel back to that pizza shot and the alley behind it to visit my friend. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Dumar wasn't the only supernatural being I had come across in my travels. While visiting Vesper's bar one year, I decided to travel to a different place along that side of the country. I decided to settle in one of the northern cities as my next living stop. Little did I know, I'd meet a curious feline entity during my stay there. Being that my stay in areas is temporary, my mood would dictate where I would reside during my time there. I remember not wanting to spend a long time finding a place, so I let the housing agent suggest quick to move in residences.

"Let's forget this one, it's a same day move in, but...um, I wouldn't suggest it." The agent said as she flipped through the listings.

When I heard her say same day move in, I old her that's the one I wanted. They seemed shocked and confused by my interest.

"What?" I asked.

"The...the place is haunted. The last three renters didn't stay a month in that house. They all said the house was haunted." Teh agent replied.

"Perfect." I replied and I signed the paperwork. 

Now, I've lived in several "haunted" homes and residences in my life, and one of them lived up to the reputation that they had. I figured this one would be no different. 

 It didn't take long, though, after moving in that I felt a foreign present residing in the house. I indeed, encountered things that would happen that couldn't' be explained. I'd return home and things would be knocked down from their place, and furniture would have tear marks in them. At first, I didn't give them much thought, but after it happening over and over again, I decided to test the theory of the home being haunted. 

Why not, I thought, as I decided to just focus my thoughts and energy and just say "Whoever you are, whatever you are...is it possible we share this space nicely?"

A vase dropped from the fireplace mantle.

"Alright, your home it is. Well, I'll start looking for a new place then. Not that I'm scared of you, but I just don't want to have to clean up the mess all the time" I said aloud and then sat at the computer to search for open listings.

A tail with a face appeared in my view, hanging over the computer monitor, and from the corner of my eye, I could make out a human figure.

"So, if I stop dropping stuff, you won't leave?" They asked.

"I mean...I don't plant to stay for a very long time, but I don't mind sharing the place if you don't mind me being here" I said as I looked up.

What a pretty being they were. I could tell by their long white hair and glowing eyes, that they were some type of ghost. A ghost. Their clothes radiated some type of ethereal energy that pulsed down the left and right side.

"I suppose if you're a ghost, you know I'm not a human either" I said to them.

"Yea, I think the coming home and sprouting out your wings kinds of gives it away." They replied.

We both giggled.

"I'm Misa. I'm a vampire. Well, partial vampire." I said.

"I'm Maud. A ghost cat, and my tail, her name is Yuki" Maud replied.

While I only stayed in that area for around 10 years, it was fund having a roommate, which I had never had before. It turned out Maud, like to be mischievous at time and liked to play pranks on people wanting to buy homes to see if they were friendly or interested enough in befriending a ghost cat. I learned that they had actually made quite a few friends and it was just one of the ways they liked to let their curios cat side loose sometimes. While it was brief, we had much fun, and it was nice for the both of us to have someone to talk to and not worry about the typal human response of being terrified on a non-human being. Upon leaving, we did exchange information, as it turns out, ghost cats and be transient when they want as well.  So, just like Dumar, I had found another friend I could visit, whenever I was traveling certain parts of the United States.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Lore ~ Chapter 1 Memories

Journal Entry #1 Lessons From Father and Personal Research on Vampire Ancestry and Hierarchy